Modern Abstract & Title provides comprehensive title
insurance coverage, complete abstracting and
professional services for purchases, construction,
refinances, or equity loans.
The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of Oklahoma real estate within Bryan County and neighboring county’s.
Before closing there are a few items to be sure you have in order. See the below and let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help you check off all the items on the list.
Buyers and sellers must bring a valid photo identification card to closing
Buyers must have collected or good funds to close
Inform your closer if your buyer requires extra “review time.” This way we will do our best to provide them with a closing package the day before closing.
Inform your closer if there is an attorney involved in the closing. This allows us to provide a closing package for them to review and they may not be required to attend the closing thus saving your customer unwarranted legal fees.
Modern Abstract & Title, (and Lenders) must preapprove any Power-of-Attorney to be used in a closing.
Let your closer know ahead of time if the buyer and seller will be closing together.
Inform your closer ahead of time if any party pertinent to the closing is deceased.
Tell your closer if your sellers are divorcing. We can prepare separate package and even close separately, if necessary. (Please let your closer know one week prior to the closing).
Let us know if anyone involved in the transaction is physically or mentally impaired so we can make appropriate arrangements.
Inform your closer if the closing will be a “mail-out” to either the purchaser or the seller well ahead of the closing date. (Please let your closer know one week prior to the closing).
Everyone MUST be present when we notarize his or her signatures.
PLEASE NOTE: We will require that all wires for purchase ‘transactions be received no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled closing time. For refinance transactions, we will require receipt of wired funds no later than 2:00 p.m. on the day of disbursement to avoid any delay in funding. All funds due at closing must be in the form of a cashier’s check OR wire transfer prior to closing.
According to the “Consumer Real Estate Settlement Protection Act”
“Good funds” shall mean:
- cash or wire transfers,
- certified checks, cashier’s checks, and teller’s checks
- uncertified funds in the amount of less than One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00), including checks, traveler’s checks, money orders, and negotiable orders of withdrawal; provided, multiple items shall not be used to avoid the One Thousand Five Hundred Dollar ($1,500.00) limitation,
- uncertified funds in the amount of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) or more, drafts and any other items when collected by the financial institution,
- State of Oklahoma Warrants,
- United States Treasury Checks,
- checks drawn on a bank, savings bank or savings and loan association insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and for which a transaction code has been issued pursuant to, and in compliance with, a fully executed immediately available funds procedure agreement with such bank, savings bank, or savings and loan association,
- checks by city or county governments located in this state, and
- a check from a licensed settlement agent as defined in this act.
Our experience in real estate law, commercial real estate transactions, and technology puts us in a unique position to offer unrivaled service and complex transaction knowledge, while putting our clients at ease every step of the way.Our leadership team has combined experience of over 40+ years.
At Modern Abstract & Title we maintain a complete title plant for all of Bryan County Oklahoma, including all land records, judgements, and tax liens are updated daily. In addition, we access all public databases of land records, tax records and judgement liens. We can handle any real estate transaction, with ease and deliver in a timely manner. We provide comprehensive title insurance coverage, complete abstracting and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans.
We realized there was an immediate, need for an abstract and title company that could completely, effectively and efficiently handle the little, difficult and vital details that ensure all customer’s transactions are closed correctly and the property’s title is perfect.
Modern Abstract & Title’s experience in real estate law, commercial real estate transactions, and technology puts us in a unique position to offer unrivaled service and complex transaction knowledge, putting our clients at ease every step of the way.
We are at your service.
Contact Modern Abstract and Title
Let Modern Abstract & Title handle your closing and ensure a seamless experience.
Providing services in the State of Oklahoma, specializing in Bryan County, Marshall County, Choctaw County, Johnston County, and Atoka County.