Modern Abstract & Title provides comprehensive title
insurance coverage, complete abstracting and
professional services for purchases, construction,
refinances, or equity loans.
The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of Oklahoma real estate within Bryan County and neighboring county’s.
The Basic Flow of the Closing Process:
1. New order/order entry: This is where it starts, use our “place an order” page to either fill out or upload your order information. From there we will contact you directly to make sure all items are ready to start your process. At any time, if you have a question you can contact us directly and we will be happy to answer any questions throughout the process.
2. Record Search: Now that you have placed your order we are going to search for data in numerous databases, including Modern Abstract & Title’s personnel and public databases on the County and State level. Our team members will give your order their specific attention to search for all records that can affect the property, including any records against buyer, seller and prior owners.
3. Abstract & Title Reports: Next we will compile a full Abstract or Title Report of all documents affecting the property at hand and judgments and liens against the property owners.
4. Title Examination: Now it is time to examine the results of abstract and title reports. This is in preparation of the issuance of title insurance commitments and policies. We will review the purchase agreements for accuracy and items that could affect the property and closing. Before this step of the process is complete an attorney will do a final review of all results.
5. Pre-Closing: We are almost there! During the pre-closing process we will schedule your closing with all involved parties and take care of any items needed to ensure you have a clean closing. We will order payoffs for outstanding mortgages or liens and review/obtain information on judgments or liens, review the title documents, check property taxes, obtain real estate commissions, review payoff statement upon receipt, communicate with lenders, realtors, buyers and sellers, and verify any other discrepancies found during our search have been cured.
6. Prepare Closing: At this point in the process we check loan instructions, check commitment for requirements and compile all the figures from the transaction on a settlement statement.
7. Processing Pre-Closing: All aspects of the closing are reviewed and final documents created for closing.
8. Closing: This is the moment everyone has been waiting for! Time to meet with the buyers, sellers, lenders, realtors and builders (or any other involved parties) to get signatures on transactional documents in order to close the real-estate/loan transaction. Modern Abstract & Title distributes all proceeds and at this time.
9. Post Closing Process: Modern Abstract and Title takes care of all necessary funds and ensures they are deposited, wired, etc. and all payoffs and proceeds are distributed as required. We make all required copies, deliver loan package to lender, prepare instruments for recording and deliver file to title department for final review before recording and delivering title policies.
10. Policy Review and Recording: The title officer responsible for your order will do a final review the closing, all documents and policies as they relate to your title/abstract to ensure all requirements have been met and that all forms have been completed and signed as required. Finally all documents are provided to the County Recorder for recording in the public record.
11. Policy/Document Delivery: Now all that is left is making final copies of policies and delivering them along with the recorded documents to the necessary parties and the file is closed.
Our experience in real estate law, commercial real estate transactions, and technology puts us in a unique position to offer unrivaled service and complex transaction knowledge, while putting our clients at ease every step of the way.Our leadership team has combined experience of over 40+ years.
At Modern Abstract & Title we maintain a complete title plant for all of Bryan County Oklahoma, including all land records, judgements, and tax liens are updated daily. In addition, we access all public databases of land records, tax records and judgement liens. We can handle any real estate transaction, with ease and deliver in a timely manner. We provide comprehensive title insurance coverage, complete abstracting and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans.
We realized there was an immediate, need for an abstract and title company that could completely, effectively and efficiently handle the little, difficult and vital details that ensure all customer’s transactions are closed correctly and the property’s title is perfect.
Modern Abstract & Title’s experience in real estate law, commercial real estate transactions, and technology puts us in a unique position to offer unrivaled service and complex transaction knowledge, putting our clients at ease every step of the way.
We are at your service.
Contact Modern Abstract and Title
Let Modern Abstract & Title handle your closing and ensure a seamless experience.
Providing services in the State of Oklahoma, specializing in Bryan County, Marshall County, Choctaw County, Johnston County, and Atoka County.